ACTE Celebrates the 2019 Annual General Meeting in Santo Tirso, AMAVE Portugal
On the 4th April, the members of ACTE (European Textile Collectivities Association) met in the City of Santo Tirso, Portugal to celebrate the Annual General Meeting of the network.
The ACTE Annual General Meeting Hosted by Santo Tirso attracted the presence of the mem-bers of the network, representatives from Spain, Belgium, Italy, Portugal and Sweden. The meeting started with the warm welcome of Mr. Joaquim Couto, Major of Santo Tirso president of the AMAVE region committee. The meeting started with an inspiration session to discuss the actual topics of the branch and the network.
During the Annual General Meeting, chaired by the President of ACTE Mr. Ulf Olsson, An annual and economical report was presented. The members got an update about REBELPIN - Fashion Awards by ACTE, which will have the final on the 4-7 July in Rome, in collaboration with CNA Federmoda during ALTAROMA Fashion Week and which will count with a jury of top professionals in the fashion industry.
The network members unanimous re-elected the City of Borås for the presidency of the net-work for the coming mandate 2019-2022. AMAVE hold the secretary to the next year a new election for the secretary will be held on the Annual General Meeting in 2020.
The members of the Annual General meeting approved the new board as following:
- President: Mr. Ulf Olsson (City of Borås)
- Executive Secretary: Mr. Joaquim Couto (AMAVE)
- Treasurer: Mr. António Quintão (AMAVE)
- Vice-president of Belgium: Mr. Michel Franceus (IEG Mouscron)
- Vice-president of Italy: Mrs. Daniela Toccafondi (City of Prato)
- Vice-president of Poland: Mr. Krzysztof Piątkowski (City of Łódź)
- Vice-president of Portugal: Mr. Joaquim Couto (AMAVE)
- Vice-president of Spain: To be announced after the election in May
- Vice-president of Sweden: Mr. Ulf Olsson / Mrs. Annette Carlson (City of Borås)
The Executive Committee of the network had the first meeting of the year on the 5th of April 2019. Several decisions for the future of the network were taken in the meeting, as well as re-newing of the member in charge of the coordination of the European Projects Working Group, the Spanish adherent member Fitex for one year.
The Annual General Meeting also gave all members an introduction about the local culture. The attendants were invited to see MIEC OF SANTO TIRSO -MUSEUM OF CONTEMPO-RARY SCULPTURE
For more information, please contact ACTE coordinator:
Nelly Hayek: email@example.com | +46 (0)708357153